Is Your Company Using Pinterest Yet?
Posted by Tom Humbarger on October 27, 2012
Have you checked out Pinterest yet? If not, you should. Pinterest is one of the hottest social media sites on the web today and has experienced exponential growth over the last 2 years.
What is Pinterest? Pinterest is a place for people to save, organize and share images on the Web. Here is the official definition of Pinterest directly from Pinterest, “we let you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web.” Most users use Pinterest to keep up with the latest fashions, plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Here are a few quick stats from Fast Company:
- In June 2011, Pinterest had 608,000 monthly U.S. unique visitors. One year later? 20,470,000.
- The site has 1.5 billion monthly page views in the U.S.; 1.9 billion worldwide
- Pinterest’s user base is 79% female, 21% male
- Pinners are predominantly 25 to 54 years old
- In regard to mobile devices, 55% of pinners use iPads, followed by Android (28%) and iPhone (17%).
Pinterest for Business - Most retail and catalog companies have taken a giant leap into Pinterest, but Pinterest can also be used by other businesses too – even for companies in the staffing industry and other B2B businesses that you would not think of as visual. At AppleOne Employment Services where I now work, we have been using Pinterst for several months and use it to post information about:
- Career resources
- Career tips
- Career books to read
- Resume tips
- Resume tips
- Company overview