Forrester Research announced the winners of their 2009 Groundswell awards today at the Forrester Consumer Forum. The 13 winners in the 3rd annual contest were honored for “excellence in achieving business and organizational goals with social technology applications.”
Every year the quality of business social applications goes up, and marketers become more sophisticated. This year’s winners stood out in a very competitive field; all of them demonstrate not just creative use of social technologies but impressive, measurable results.
For 2009, the winners by division are as follows:
Business-To-Consumer (B2C) Division:
- Listening: NASCAR Fan Council by Vision Critical
- Talking: Lion Brand Yarn Blog and Podcast by Converseon
- Energizing: Norton Advocates by Zuberance
- Supporting: myFICO® Online Customer Community by FICO
- Embracing: Scholastic Book Clubs Reading Task Force Community by Communispace
Employee And Non-Profit Division:
- Managing: UPSjobs Problem Solved by TMP Worldwide
- Social Impact: Flowerdale (Australia) Bush Fire Social Outreach
Business-To-Business (B2B) Division:
- Listening: CDW Advisory Board by Communispace
- Talking: The Conversation by Eloqua
- Energizing: UNLEASH 2009, The Mediasite User Conference by Sonic Foundry
- Spreading: MetricStream Community by Regalix
- Supporting: commonground Global Community For Environmental Professionals by EDR
- Embracing: The Archer E-GRC Ecosystem by Archer Technologies
Links to coverage of the Forrester Groundswell 2009 Awards are below:
- Forrester Groundswell 2009 Awards press release announcement
- Groundswell 2009 Awards blog post by Josh Bernoff with details on all of the winners
- commonground Groundswell Award announcement
I am most excited with the news of EDR’s commonground community winning the B2B Division Supporting award because I have done a bit of consulting work for them this year. Mark Wallace is the VP of Social Media at EDR and I’ve known Mark since his days at Shared Insights and Mzinga. Besides hockey and his family, making sure that the community was thriving has been one of his top priorities over the last year. Barbara Hannan, the commonground community manager, also deserves a great deal of credit for driving growth and conversations on the site.
According to the Groundswell blog post, commonground won the B2B Supporting award for “helping to increase EDR’s search ranking and contributed to 93% of its clients rating its service good or excellent.” In addition,
commonground has also contributed to EDR’s customer loyalty. According to a recent customer satisfaction survey, nearly 90% of clients indicated they feel EDR strives to provide great customer service, 88% indicated feel strongly that EDR is a thought leader, and 93% rated EDR’s customer service as excellent or good.
Since September of 2008, EDR’s Alexa ranking has improved by 446,000 positions and traffic is now in the top 1.29% of web-sites in the world. Since commonground version 2.0 was launched on June 1, 2009, Google indexed pages have increased by over 3000%.
commonground’s first effort to offer premium content far exceeded expectations, achieving 170% of the revenue target. And, members are getting referrals and business, which ultimately helps drive sales for EDR. With the feedback received, we will be introducing a standardized nationwide training curriculum and an environmental service provider directory.
The commonground community now has more than 5,200 members and this growth has taken place during an unprecedented recession in the commercial real estate market.
Congratulations to Mark, Barbara and the rest of the EDR/commonground team for this well-deserved honor.