- Social Media Strategy and Implementation
- Corporate and Personal Branding
- LinkedIn Profile and Company Page Optimization
- Product Marketing
- Content Marketing and Blogging
- Market Research and Analysis
- Project Management
- Social Recruiting
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES
- Leverage LinkedIn Company Pages to build corporate awareness
- Optimize individual LinkedIn profiles to maximize personal branding
- Train and advise staff on maximizing their use of LinkedIn
- Develop high level social media strategy
- Provide hands-on implementation of social media programs and campaigns
- Produce web content, sales collateral and sales tools to drive sales
- Implement content management and blogging programs
- Manage and grow communities of users, customers and employees
- Write customer success stories
- Serve as evangelist and corporate resource for social media and marketing programs
- Create and manage social media and marketing dashboards
- Interact with and respond to customers through social media channels, including Yelp
SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERTISE
LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Yelp | Slideshare | Pinterest | Blogging | Tumblr | YouTube | Glassdoor | Email Contact Platforms
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and how I can help you and your company meet your goals.
The LinkedIn Company Page I managed and curated for AppleOne was named one of the top 10 LinkedIn Company Pages for 2013.
Social Media Background – At AppleOne, I was responsible for expanding and protecting the customer relationships with an emphasis on participating in social media and digital marketing platforms. I connected with candidates and clients on the AppleOne social media properties on:
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/AppleOneCareers)
- LinkedIn Company Page
- Twitter (@AppleOneWorks and @AppleOneHires)
- Pinterest (www.Pinterest.com/AppleOneCareers)
- Tumblr (www.appleonecareers.tumblr.com/)
- AppleOne blog
I created the initial social media strategy of building brand awareness – and then continued to implement the strategy by posting daily to the AppleOne Facebook and LinkedIn company pages, and tweeted 6 times per day on two different Twitter accounts. The AppleOne LinkedIn Company Page was recognized as one of the Top 10 LinkedIn Company Pages for 2013.
Since March 2012, I dramatically increased the performance in the Facebook. LinkedIn and Twitter accounts:
- Facebook – increased likes by over 2.6x and average monthly impressions by 10x
- LinkedIn – increased followers by over 7x and average more than 400k impressions per month
- Twitter – launched @appleoneworks Twitter account that now has a Klout score of 56 and posted more than 3,000 tweets
In addition, I developed the social recruiting e-learning training program, created social media cheat sheets and other tools to improve social media usage by associates, wrote the new Media Policy Guide for all employees and served as social recruiting ambassador and evangelist for the entire company.
From a customer service standpoint, I monitored all mentions of the company on the Internet, answered all inquiries that came in via our website and engaged with all users who posted reviews on Yelp.
Consulting Background – As a consultant focused on helping businesses and individuals improve their use of marketing and social media. My specialties include marketing, product marketing, product strategy, community strategy and community management.
At the end of 2009, I was also identified as one of 54 social media strategists to watch in 2010 by 451 Marketing.
I am an innovative and well-rounded executive with unique blend of business, strategic, technical, quantitative and analytical savvy – which includes the ability to see the “big picture” while not being afraid to roll up my sleeves.
For more on my background in social media and details on social media consulting, check out this interview that I had with Tony Karrer. If you want to learn more about me personally, check out my 25 things you didn’t know about me blog post or things that “I Prize”.
My recent projects included:
- Managed a major re-launch of website and content re-write for high tech company
- Launched an online product and related online community support site
- Developed the social media strategy for a 40-location casual dining restaurant chain
- Managed the day-to-day activities for all of the social media properties of a 40-location casual dining chain (including Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Foursquare, Google, Slideshare, Youtube, etc.)
- Wrote requirements, developed community strategy and completed a beta launch for a start-up professional community
- Devised the social media strategy for a leading visionary in the insurance
- Providing community strategy for a professional community start-up
- Serving as community manager for small professional community
- Created marketing materials for services company
- Managing the re-launch of a marketing website
- Developing social media strategies for an advertising agency
- Created and grew a niche B2B community from 0 to 4,000 members in 15 months while generating and sourcing the majority of the community content including personally authoring 105 blog posts
- Developed programs to drive 75,000 community visits and 320,000 pageviews
- Wrote more than 75 corporate blog posts in the last year in role as lead corporate blogger, which represented nearly 5% of overall website traffic
- Managed successful B2B user-generated content contest that generated 44 entries and more than 25,000 total hits on YouTube
My Community Background – I was the community manager for Catalyze Community from its initial spark of an idea in August 2006 through the public launch in June 2007 until it hit the 4,000 member mark in July 2008. Catalyze is a B2B community for professionals who define and design software applications and websites, and is sponsored by iRise. I was responsible for community strategy, day-to-day operational management, content generation, blogging, member communication, marketing, evangelism, business development and vendor management. During the first 13 months of operation, Catalyze had nearly 75,000 visitors who viewed more than 320,000 pages.
I also wrote the specifications and helped on the strategy for a professional community in the pension governance space, and I launched a product support community for a cloud computing company.
Social Media for CPAs Article – I co-wrote an article with my friend Michael Allmon for the California Society of CPAs. The article appeared in the 2011 Technology and Business Guide issue as the cover story.
Community article and interview in KM World – View the May 2008 article from KM World, Social Networking: KM and Beyond by Judith Lamont where I shared my views on community.